What Is The Best Reptile Fogger?
Reptiles are cool-blooded pets that rely on you to stay safe and healthy in a comfortable and enjoyable environment. Proper humidity is a must for them.
Here is when a reptile fogger comes in: a reptile fogger works like a humidifier but is scaled down for use in reptile cages and terrariums; the water vapor will condense on the cage walls and furnishings, raising the humidity and providing water droplets for drinking.
Some reptiles will require 80 to 90 percent humidity while some others like a Corn snake would prefer 30 to 50 percent humidity.
Knowing the exact needs of your reptile pet is essential for its health and longevity.
However, if the humidity is too high the pet can contract skin infections or pneumonia.
If you just want the quick answer below here is a comparison chart.
Reptile Fogger Comparison Table
Below is a list of some reptiles and amphibians and their requirements in terms of humidity:
|African Fat-Tailed Gecko||> 50%|
|African Sulcata Tortoise||> 45%|
|Amazon Tree Boa||80-90%|
|Argentine Black & White Tegu||80-90%|
|Ball Python||> 60%|
|East African Spiny-tailed Lizard||50-60%|
|Emerald Tree Boa||80-90%|
|Golden Tree Frog||> 60%|
|Green Tree Frog||> 65%|
|Green Tree Python||80-90%|
|Inland Bearded Dragon||40%|
|Ornate Horned Frog||50-70%|
|Red-eyed Tree Frog||60-70%|
|Red-tailed Boa Constrictor||75%|
|Thai Water Dragon||60-80%|
|Tiger Salamander||> 70%|
|White’s Tree Frog||50-60%|
Each fogger has its own pros and cons; what to choose depends on your particular requirements.
As follows we introduce what we believe are 5 of the best reptile foggers on the market:
- 2.5 liter tank
- 150 ml – 320 ml per hour output range
- Up to 2 days working time (depends on settings)
- It has an automatic shut-off when the water runs out and turns it on again after refilling it.
- Up to 5 feet of hose
- Quiet with a 30 dB noise operation level
- Dual tube option available as well
- 90 day warranty
Why we have chosen it and placed it on top of our list: because it requires less attention than other fogs: a) you can run it non stop; b) you can set the desired mist level, c) it shuts off when the water runs out.
- adjustable fog output control
- It has four spray interval settings and duration settings.
- It is fully programmable, portable, and easy to use.
- No timer, so it is not meant to stay on for hours
- Not meant to keep a tank or terrarium at a specific humidity
If you want something that runs constantly you need a unit that detects humidity and turns on and off as needed;
Why we have chosen it: because of its great quality/price relationship.
Features: comments extracted from verified purchasers speak by themselves:
- 3 Liter water tank
- Dry run protection – automatic shut off if it runs out of water
- 380 ml per hour max
Why we have chosen it: because of its size and price relationship.
- works silently
- holds up to 2.2 liters
- 250 ml – 350 ml per hour
- easy to refill just by pouring water into the orifice at the bottom of the tank
- the dry-off protective system will automatically shut off with red LED light on when runs out of water.
- The item works great except that it is difficult to clean inside and mist comes out sometimes and the tubes collect a lot of water.
Why we have chosen it: because it is the ideal fog for those who meed fog supply for two tanks at a time, as it has two tubes able to fit two tanks at the same time.
- Large capacity – 10 Liter Tank
- 360 degree spray nozel
- Timed spray function
- Comes with 4 nozzles but can support up to 20
- adjustable flow control
This is a mister more than it is a fogger, but it will still moisten up the environment and create that humidity you want with giving your pet the feeling of nature.
Why we have chosen it: it might be the smartest choice just from the perspective of the large tank and expandability.
All reptile pets require humid environments: if the humidity level is too low for an extended time, your pet´s health will be affected by skin shedding problems, respiratory issues, and dehydration.
A reptile fogger adds the necessary humidity to your reptile terrarium or tank. A fogger can also create a very interesting look in your terrarium!
My personal preference would be the Repti Zoo Mister. I know it is the most expensive thing, but the size of it allows for lower maintenance and it is expandable to use more nozzles as well.
What do you use to keep your environments humidity at the proper level? Let us know in the comments below!