A reptile incubator is essential equipment for breeders. Both novice and seasoned reptile breeders often rely on a reptile egg incubator to ensure optimum management and control of the developing eggs under their care.
Following is a top list of the best reptile incubator for eggs with a deep dive into the pros and cons of each unit.
Now, if you have more time read on for more information on the top 5 along with the specs, pros, and cons of each product.
Best Reptile Incubator Comparison
Immerse yourself in the world of reptile breeding with the ReptiPro Digital Incubator, an expertly crafted device that delivers precision, convenience, and stability, simulating near-natural conditions for your precious reptile eggs.
Amazon Review: 4.1 stars
- Digital Temperature and Humidity Control
- LED Display
- 55 Watt Solid Radiant Heat Element
- USB Humidifier
- Dual Ventilation
- Transparent Lid
- Insulating Styrofoam Sidewalls
- Accurate temperature and humidity controls
- Simulates natural heating and humidifying
- Power failure retention of settings
- Easy monitoring with transparent lid
- Stability in airflow, reducing fluctuations
- The 55-watt heat element may be inadequate for larger or multiple enclosures
- No automatic egg turner included, manual turning may be required
- Requires regular cleaning due to foam insulation for mold prevention
The ReptiPro Digital Incubator is a state-of-the-art product for reptile breeders, offering a perfectly balanced environment for your eggs. It boasts digital temperature and humidity control with a user-friendly LED display. The 55 watt radiant heat element mimics natural conditions, regulated accurately via dimming and pulse proportional capabilities.
Its USB humidifier maintains optimal humidity levels, while the dual ventilation system and foam insulation layer safeguard against abrupt changes. The transparent lid facilitates the monitoring process, and the insulating styrofoam sidewalls provide stability during power cuts. It’s a near-natural haven for your future reptiles.
GQF Thermal Air Hova-bator is the most economical and small-sized incubator you can find with great reviews. It retails under $70.
Amazon Review: 4.0 stars
Model No.: 1602N
- Portable size
- Has a thermostat and thermometer.
- Can be accessorized with an automatic egg turner and fan.
- Limited space for eggs. You can’t do a multi-level placement.
- Some models don’t have a fan and a turner. You may need to buy them separately.
- The thermometer may not always be reliable.
The GQF Hova-Bator has over 30 years of market presence. It is a popular choice for a small and cheap incubator. It uses still air (Thermal Air Flow) so don’t overcrowd your reptile eggs nor try to do multi-level placement since it will likely result in uneven heating.
It can be used to incubate different types of eggs: chicks, geckos, turtles, quails, and other reptiles. Two small windows above let you easily view the eggs and check for hatchlings.
Retailing under $150, the Zoo Med ReptiBator provides all the basics you need to care for developing reptile eggs.
Amazon Review: 4.0 stars
- Heating Element at 55 Watts
- Dimensions at 18″ x 18″ x 9.5″.
- Temperature ranges from 15°C – 40°C (59°F – 104°F)
- Digital controller (LCD display and LED heat indicator light)
- Humidity Display
- View and control settings through a Digital controller and display.
- Control temperature and humidity with ease.
- Temperature alarm for easy monitoring.
- Consistent, steady temperature.
- Clear cover for easy inspection.
- Good hatch rate.
- The build looks flimsy.
- There is no cooling system.
- Climbers like geckos can escape from the ventilation holes.
The tub-style Zoo Med ReptiBator reptile egg incubator uses styrofoam and plastic for materials. It doesn’t look expensive and some feel it’s a bit overpriced for its look. But a lot of breeders find that it does the job very well. The hatch rate is high and the clear plastic view on top is convenient since you don’t have to open the lid to inspect the eggs.
You can control temperatures from 15°C to 40°C. You can set humidity levels between 10%-95%. The thermostat lets you maintain a steady temperature. There’s a built-in memory that stores your settings in case of a power outage. You also get multiple water reservoirs that are molded into the incubator base. There’s flow-through ventilation with sponge insert for even evaporation.
Retailing under $170, the HappyBuy reptile egg incubator is designed to work perfectly for breeders of reptiles like lizards, turtles, chameleons, and snakes.
Amazon Review: 3.8 stars
- Heating Power of 40W
- Cooling Power of 50W
- Digital Temperature Control
- Wall and Car power adaptors (110V for home use and 12DC for car use)
- Internal Dimensions are 9.4″×10.6″×14.6″
- LED Display
- Maximized space because of the double shelves
- Cooling and heating system in one equipment
- You can transport eggs in the same incubator using a car power adaptor
- Quality materials used
- The top shelf seems a little warmer than the bottom shelf.
- Some units don’t keep the desired or set temperature
- Temperature only reads in °C.
Buyers like the HappyBuy reptile egg incubator for its spaciousness and appearance. The materials look good and durable. You can inspect the eggs via the glass door. The incubator provides 2 shelves that slide out so you can take advantage of a maximize space for reptile eggs.
Most users are satisfied with the performance, especially the consistent temperature it provides. A few, however, observed otherwise. The most convenient feature is its adaptability to car use. The unit has an easy-to-carry handle for transporting eggs.
You can use a cigarette lighter port adaptor to power up the incubator on the go. There’s a bright LED display for easy viewing of temperature settings. Most units feature the degrees in both C and F. Some reported that temperatures are only available in Celsius.
The Farm Innovators Model 4250 egg incubator can develop and hatch not just farm eggs but even the reptile eggs you are breeding. It retails under $120.
Amazon Review: 4.1 stars
- Power: 120V
- Wattage: 40W
- Automatic egg turner
- 41-egg capacity
- Integrated fan
- 360° view of the interior.
- A 4-hourly automatic egg turner eliminates manual handling.
- The integrated fan circulates fresh air and prevents overheating
- A digital display shows temperature, humidity, and days till hatching.
- The long wire may cause the thermostat to accidentally fall into the water reservoir.
- Some units had inconsistent temperatures.
The Farm Innovators Model 4250’s best feature may be its automatic egg turner. The egg turner automatically turns every 4 hours so you can leave the eggs and the incubator unit undisturbed thereby keeping the temperature steady.
The integrated fan sucks in fresh air and circulates that within the unit. A temperature notification light flashes to warn of overheating or lack of heat. The viewing window is large enough to provide 360° view inside the incubator.
What is the best incubator for gecko eggs?
The Exo Terra Precision Incubator Pro, or the ReptiPro Digital Incubator, is the best incubator for gecko eggs due to its precise temperature and humidity controls, power failure retention of settings, and its design that simulates natural heating and humidifying.
The top 5 reptile egg incubator gives you good options for your next purchase. Again, the best most reliable incubator on this list is going to be the Exo Terra Precision Incubator Pro. If you’re after a cheaper option then go for the GQF Thermal Air Hova-bator. The portable size makes it quite handy and if you want to get the job done at an economical cost, it is your best option.
Table of Contents