Whether you are hunting or hiking, it is important to be protected from venomous snake bites. Snake bites can prove to be disastrous, especially when help is many miles away.
Snake boots will offer much-needed protection, whether you are exploring the American deserts, woodlands, or deep forests. In fact, Antarctica is the only continent void of snakes, and 47 out of 50 states have venomous snakes.
These deadly snakes include copperheads, viper, rattlers, and many others. Snake boots don’t offer protection from snakes alone; they also protect you from any other venomous creature that can sting or bite your lower legs.
However, getting the best snake boots is not as simple as it sounds. When choosing a pair of snake boots, there are things to consider, such as the materials the boots are made of, how comfortable the boots are, how much of your lower legs they cover, and many more.
In addition, your personal style will also influence your decision, as some boots are designed to be stylish and classy while others are designed to be tactical. Similarly, some snake boots are better suited for hunting, while others are better suited for hiking.
Reviews of the Best Snake Boots
Here we have reviewed the best snake boots on the market. We are brief in our description and go straight to the pHere we have reviewed the 10 best snake boots on the market. We are brief in our descriptions and get straight to the point. However, rest assured, only the best and most reliable boots are on our list.
Top 10 Snake Boots
This pair of hunting boots ensure you are protected from snakes as well as thorns and any other worrisome elements you may encounter outdoors. These boots are made from leather, rubber, and synthetic material known as RPM. This makes the boots lightweight while still allowing them to be durable.
This, coupled with its athletic sole, make this snake proof boot easy to run and move quickly in. This allows you to move over a large distance without getting tired. In addition, the boots are breathable, ensuring your feet are well aerated. Finally, the shaft measures 17 inches, ensuring your lower legs are well protected.
- 40% lighter than other hunting boots on the market
- Scent-free thanks to the ScentBan technology that rids the boots of odor-causing microbes
- Lace-up front from toe to top
- Manufactured using RPM and full-grain leather
- Durable rubber soles
- The Irish Setter Vaprtrek boots are probably the lightest hunting/hiking boots that offer full and complete protection from snake bites
- They fit snugly and are very comfortable
- A pair of Irish Setter Vaprtrek boots are reasonably priced
- These boots are waterproof and breathable
- They have athletic soles making it easy to move quickly and tread lightly
This pair of snake boots are made with rubber and neoprene materials and has an insulated lining. The 5 mm neoprene allows for maximum comfort and flexibility. This is also a top choice for waterproofing, shock absorption, and heat retention properties.
This company doesn’t slack when it comes to testing their products either. They test each of their rubber boots to ensure durability and make sure they are as protective and as tough as they need to be. They have exposed this particular boot exterior to no less than 12 diamondback rattlesnake strikes, and nothing got through.
These are the ideal boots for turkey or deer hunting in cooler temperatures due to the soft and warm fleece lining. The sock liner also effectively reduces underfoot friction and heat build-up. You will also find a more resilient forefoot stability cage to ensure a more comfortable boot and a sure footing on uneven terrain.
- Laceless rubber construction
- 100% waterproof
- Solid hard and aggressive rubber outsole for snake protection
- Insulated lining for cooler weather
- Lightweight EVA midsole
- Full rubber construction and signature camouflage aesthetic
- This snakeproof boot offers total protection from venomous snakes and have been tested against 12 rattlesnake bites
- They are comfortable and waterproof
If you want to hunt in style then the Chippewa Snake Boots is one to consider. These elegant snake boots will ensure you stand out. In terms of durability, you just can’t beat the Chippewa Boots.
The outer soles are Vibram. The Vibram brand represents quality as this Italian company has been producing quality rubber outsoles since 1937. The boots are pull-on with a zipper at the back.
While they may not fit snugly, they make up for that with super comfortable orthopedic insoles. These insoles will ensure you don’t tire quickly. You can remove or replace these soles if you want to. Each boot also has an adjustable strap just in case you want a better fit.
- Made with 100% leather and fabric
- Removable orthopedic insoles
- Iron Rubber midsole
- Vibram outsoles
- Adjustable straps for a comfortable fit
- Pull-on boots
- Shaft measures 16.5 inches
- Durable rubber soles
- The orthopedic insoles are comfortable
- The Chippewa 17″ Vipercloth™ snake boots are exquisitely and expertly made
- The boots are made with top-quality materials and workmanship
- Made in the United States
This Lacrosse snake boot is the Lacrosse Men’s Adder pair. This waterproof hunting boot is designed for hunting and rough terrain. They also feature a pull-on design, making them easy to get on and to take off after a long outdoor trip.
They have straps at the back so you can better fasten them and ensure they fit perfectly. One distinct advantage possessed by these boots is that they fit wide feet wonderfully, unlike other boots.
This boot is scent-free, thanks to the waterproof scent dry lining, which also keeps your feet dry. In addition, it is made of durable materials, namely leather and 1,000 Denier Nylon – which make up the upper part, and solid hard rubber soles.
- Pull-on, making them easy to wear and easy to remove
- Reinforced toe cap
- Solid hard rubber sole
- Manufactured using 1,000 Denier nylon and full-grain leather
- Shaft measures 17 inches
- The boots are scent-free and waterproof
- They are easy to remove
- They are comfortable
- They have adjustable straps which can be used to tightly fasten the boots
- They are perfect for people with wide feet
Buy on Amazon
The Rocky Lynx hunting boots are also perfect for hiking. Not only are they beautifully made but they are also comfortable. Their ‘ProLight BioMech’ outsole design means that you can move swiftly in them and on any surface.
Thanks to the laces that go from the base of the foot all the way to the knees, the boots will fit you securely. Although the shafts of the Lynx boots are not as high as the shafts of other boots already reviewed, the shaft still measures 15 inches from the arch. This provides more than enough coverage. In addition, the full-grain leather trim of these boots looks wonderful.
- Hard toe and heel cap
- Lace-up front with D-rings hooks
- Manufactured using nylon
- Full-grain leather trim
- Shaft measures 15 inches from the arch
- 10 shades of camouflage
- ProLight BioMech synthetic sole
- It has laced-up closures, which make the boots snugger and more comfortable
- They are affordable
- They are perfect for people with wide feet
- They are waterproof
Top 6 – 10
|Lacrosse Men’s 4X Alpha Snake Boots||Lacrosse Men’s Snake Country Snake Boots||Rocky Men’s Great Falls Waterproof Snake Boots||Thorogood Men’s Snake Boot||Guide Gear Men’s Leather Snake Boots|
4.5 out of 5
4.6 out of 5
4 out of 5
4.2 out of 5
4 out of 5
If you are looking for a pair of quality snake boots, then the Lacrosse Men’s Alpha Snake Boots should rank high on your list of possibilities. They have everything you need along with some features you probably didn’t think you needed.
They are both comfortable and durable and ideal for serious hunters and hikers looking for a premium boot option to protect their feet. The multi-layers of rubber keep the feet well protected, and these boots also accommodate half sizes, so you are sure to find the absolute best fit for you.
- Hand-laid premium rubber over insulating neoprene
- Multiple layers of rubber with two in the toe guard
- Three heel layers for added durability
- Full rubber gusset on the back
- Burly outsole designed to withstand most tread and terrain
- Durable and comfortable to wear
- Waterproof and also provides great snake protection and are best for snowy and muddy conditions
- No more chafing and rubbing because of its secure grip and fit
- Can withstand challenging terrain while remaining lightweight
- Long-wearing and protective as you tread confidently through the brush
The Lacrosse Men’s Country Snake Boot is made for hunting and everyday wear. They are especially ideal for those who live and play in snake country, where it is common to run across the occasional venomous snake. These boots are also built with the climate in mind and are constructed with a durable and waterproof Dry-Core lining that still offers 360° of protection against snake bites.
The new camo pattern is also something to love and allows you to blend in naturally while hunting, so you can maintain close range without disrupting your hunt.
- Waterproof Dry-Core lining
- 360° snake protection with flexible snake guard material
- Finger holes to make them easier to put on
- Full-grain leather that is abrasion resistant
- Rubber sole
- Made with leather and textile materials
- Offers complete and all-around snake protection
- Waterproof, allowing you to stay comfortable in various climates and weather conditions
- Its welted construction allows for more long-lasting performance
- Gives you a fresher look on a classic with the subdued color, perfect for blending into the environment as you hunt
This is one of the best options if you are looking for the best snake boots for a woman. They are made from 100% leather, have a rubber sole and a Vibram gumlite outsole. They also feature new one-year guaranteed Rocky Vapor Pass waterproof technology, providing you with a superior dry experience when you wear them outdoors.
- Light and flexible cement construction
- Vibram gumlite outsole
- Side zipper with Velcro enclosure
- Removable PU cushion footbed
- 16 inches of snake bite protection
- Comfortable, lightweight, and keeps your feet dry and protected from the elements and snakes
- The side zipper makes them even easier to put on and take off
- The shaft measures approximately knee-high from the arch, offering more protection
- Durable and can withstand the elements and rough terrain
These Thorogood snake boots are great for snake protection and are ideal for hunters. In addition, Thorogood placed their SnakeGuard Extreme material over these boots to make them completely snake-proof.
In addition to this protection, you will also find that these boots also feature a slip-resistant rubber outsole, gripping pad, and rugged lug, offering you the best in superior traction when treading over challenging terrain and through the brush.
- EVA/polyurethane cushion
- Removable dual-density polyurethane footbed
- Durable and long-lasting with 3M Scotchgard protection
- Made from 50% leather and 50% Cordura
- 18-inch around boot opening
- Comfortable and long-lasting and will last you for many outings for years to come with its waterproof properties, rubber sole, and cement construction
- Larger boot opening makes it easier to put these boots on and take them off
- SnakeGuard Extreme material for the best in snake bite protection
- The cushioned midsole effectively absorbs shock and helps with fatigue
Last on our list, but certainly not least, we have Guide Gear’s Men’s Leather Snake Boots. These boots provide you with ultimate protection and comfort and make the best pair of hunting boots you could possibly own.
Their waterproof design protects you from the elements, while the strong, sturdy leather does wonders to protect you against possible snake bites. In addition, they feature hard-line protection that can also deter other sharp objects that you may come across while hunting, hiking, camping, or fishing.
- Removable, soft cushion insole
- Waterproof design
- Side zipper
- Interior mesh lining
- Hard-line protection
- Water-resistant boots that can help keep your feet dry while outdoors
- Can be worn for continuous use while hunting or hiking without any worries from the environment interfering with the fit or durability of the boot
- Non-insulated for comfort, so they can even be worn during warmer weather conditions
- The interior mesh lining effectively wicks away sweat and moisture
Features To Consider
Before selecting a pair of snake boots, there are some factors you need to consider. Considering these will ensure you make the right choice and get boots you won’t regret hiking and hunting in. These factors are also considered in our selection and review process.
The top four features to consider include coverage of the boot (how much of your feet and legs does the boot cover), snake bite proof material (obviously if the boots are meant to prevent snake bites they must be made of snake bite proof materials), comfort fit (the boots must fit comfortably and snugly since you will be in them for long stretches of time), and air circulation (definitely, your feet will sweat, breathable materials ensure your feet are well-aerated).
Regardless of how protective the snake boots are, you need them to be comfortable on hot days. Great and effective air circulation will help get rid of bad odors resulting from sweat.
The best snake boots for hot weather are made with breathable fabrics that are also water-resistive. This ensures that your feet are dry and comfortable regardless of the terrain or weather.
As already mentioned, the boots have to be comfortable. However, being breathable doesn’t necessary make the boots comfortable. In addition, the boots have to fit perfectly and ergonomically.
This is essential, as you will most likely be in these boots for extended periods of time. Many top brands incorporate comfort in many ways.
Having flexible points is a great way to make the boot flexible and more comfortable. Similarly, the boots can be contoured to snugly fit the feet and the legs. Also, some boots have orthopedic insoles which are very comfortable.
The type of closure used is important when it comes to performance and comfort. As many of you have already guessed, the three common closure types are pull-on, zippers and laces. Each has its advantages.
While zips are easy and fast to close, they can easily get caught in bushes and undergrowth. They can also break. Laces, on the other hand, allow for a custom fit as far the boot matches your foot size. You can lace up the boots tightly, ensuring they fit snugly. Laces are also less likely to be caught in bushes and can easily be replaced if the ends come undone.
Slip-on snake boots do exist, but they are uncomfortable to hike and walk long distances in because they don’t fit tightly. Many manufacturers solve this problem by including adjustable straps.
In order for a pair of boots to prevent snakebites, it needs to be made with tough materials. The best snake boots from brands such as LaCrosse and Irish Setter are made with a composite of materials such as denim, Kevlar, CORDURA® fabrics, leather, and synthetic weaves. These compositions ensure snake fangs do not penetrate.
Coverage/Height of boots
Ideally, snake boots need to offer as much protection as possible. They need to be high. This ensures that even if the snake strikes high, you will be protected.
The average height of the best snake boots for hunting and hiking is 16 to 18 inches. This allows the boot to cover your entire lower leg. If you accidentally tread on a venomous snake, you will be safe from any retaliation.
Irish Setter 2875 Review
To fully enjoy your outdoor life, it is essential to have the best snake boots. This ensures you are safe from snake bites as well as bites from spiders, and other venomous creatures.
Be sure to keep the factors discussed in mind when choosing the best boots for you. To save you the time and effort, we have done the research and brought you the best snake boots in the world. If you want style, then the Chippewa Snake Boots was crafted for you.
These exquisite boots have Vibram outsoles, orthopedic insoles, and a beautiful leather finish. However, if you want a tactical, comfortable, and quick pair of boots, you should consider the Irish Setter Vaprtrek Boots.
The LaCrosse Snake Boots reviewed are waterproof, comfortable and kills bad odor. Whichever boots you choose, rest assured knowing you will be well-protected from all venomous bites to the lower legs.